As the Packaging Materials Technician, the purpose is to contribute to customer satisfaction and manufacturing/purchasing efficiency by assisting with the development, testing, timeline, and documentation of new or existing packaging items for commercialization.
- Assist in development and review of packaging specifications for optimal performance to support new product initiatives, manufacturing and distribution.
- Understand the basics of supplier manufacturing processes for all major packaging action items including film, printing, die cutting, folding carton/corrugated, and stand up pouches to provide background understanding for reviewing and solving packaging related quality issues.
- Assist Packaging Engineer to troubleshoot new and existing packaging problems involving designs, materials and processes and provide creative, timely, and cost-effective solutions.
- Work with members of New Product Project Teams from concept development through product and packaging development and full commercial launch.
- Research to implement and follow up on cost saving initiatives related to packaging materials, labor, efficiency, transportation, and storage.
- Document and log packaging changes and specifications to ensure manufacturing, planning, and purchasing are aware of pending projects and can manage inventory and new projects accordingly.
- Basic understanding of common packaging equipment.
- Basic understanding of package materials such as film (barrier, microwavable), paperboard (browning trays, folding cartons, blister cards) and printing/decoration methods.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and still meet critical project milestones individually or as a team.
- Develop and maintain positive, productive relationships with Research & Development, Manufacturing, Planning, Purchasing, Marketing and suppliers. Conduct work in a professional, collaborative manner.
- Provide effective communication including face to face interactions, written/electronic updates and full technical reporting and recordkeeping.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Able to work independently or in a team environment
- Manufacturing knowledge preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Work efficiency using good time management skills
- Effectively use standard business suite of Microsoft software and can learn new programs if needed.
EDUCATIONAL and EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, equivalent in experience accepted
(Employment is contingent upon drug screen, background verification and skills test required for some positions.)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.