About Promotion in Motion Companies, Inc. (PIM):
We are one of North America’s premier makers of fruit snacks, confections and other treats. Ranked amongst the top 50 on Candy Industry Magazine’s “Global Top 100” confectionery companies in the world. PIM has also been named as one of the fastest growing CPG companies in the U.S. by The Boston Consulting Group and IRI, for the fourth time in six years to receive this recognition.
At PIM our goal is simple: We delight consumers with delicious, high quality snacks and confections. Our commitment is to develop, manufacture and market the highest quality products in a responsible, ethical and transparent manner. We put consumers at the core of what we do and are continually looking to improve our people, knowledge, processes and technologies to accomplish this.
Key member of the team that keeps our state-of-the-art packaging line equipment and systems operating at peak performance.
- Troubleshoot and repair all packaging line systems and equipment including vertical form, fill and seal bagging machines, horizontal cartoners, combination weigh scales, carton tapers and conveyors, among other equipment.
- Make changeover adjustments to product bag, box size changes and to other machines.
- Perform preventive maintenance to ensure all packaging equipment maintains or exceeds original equipment manufacturer (OEM) specifications so that production goals can be achieved.
- Keep food safety and your personal safety front of mind while working on equipment.
- Perform new equipment installations and test equipment to ensure expected performance.
- Ensure adherence to GMP rules and regulations.
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation of work.
- Effectively communicate with colleagues during shift changes ensuring a proper pass-down on active repairs and run status of various machines.
- Train colleagues as needed.
- High School education or equivalent is preferred.
- Must be skilled in mechanical repair, equipment set up, preventive maintenance and equipment changeovers.
- 3-5 years of experience in plant production environment preferred.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and diagnose packaging equipment preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, written and verbal.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Ability to read, speak, and write English is required.
What We Offer:
We invite you to come and build a SWEET career at PIM. Our entrepreneurial environment is perfect for action-oriented individuals who enjoy a non-bureaucratic structure. Make an immediate and lasting impact while helping to grow our iconic brands.
PIM offers competitive pay and a comprehensive set of benefits for which each Associate is eligible on their first day of employment.
- Medical, prescription drug, dental, vision care, flexible spending accounts for you and your dependents
- Company matching 401(k) plan
- Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Generous paid time-off including sick/personal days, vacation, and company holidays
- Wellness Programs
- Scholarship Program
- Commuter Plan
Our Key Principles:
- Put Consumers First: Understand consumers and address their needs and desires.
- Accessible: We strive to make our brands available in traditional retail and online – anywhere consumers want to find them.
- Transparency: Be open and honest about our products, ingredients, how we make them and label them.
- Responsibility: We do not advertise on any media outlets aimed at children under age 13 and have signed an industry commitment to abide by this standard.
- Community: We partner with local and national organizations on strategic initiatives to help our communities thrive.
- Fun and Goodness: At the end of the day, we make snacks and treats that bring joy and goodness to peoples’ lives.
Life at PIM:
We believe to our core that our true competitive advantage is talented Associates who share our values and our passion for the business.
A lot of companies talk about being entrepreneurial. At PIM, we live it every day. Associates are empowered to make decisions and bureaucracy is kept to a minimum.
Attracting, selecting, and developing top talent is what differentiates us from the competition.
You can make an immediate and lasting contribution to help grow our iconic snacking and confectionery brands, no matter your area of expertise.
We are a privately held mid-sized, global company with limited bureaucracy, committed to investing in the business.
Be part of a fast-paced environment that provides challenging opportunities to learn and grow your career. We recognize and reward achievement and foster great teamwork through collaborative and strong relationships with colleagues.
Enjoy your work and be part of a fun team and industry.
Somerset, New Jersey:
Located within Franklin Township in central New Jersey, Somerset a beautiful and friendly suburb of New York City and is one of the best places to live in New Jersey. Somerset is conveniently located minutes away from Interstate 287 and the New Jersey Turnpike.
PIM is an equal opportunity employer, and an e-verify employer.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Performance bonus
- Employee Referral Program
- Paid Holidays
Packaging Machine Operator