Job DescriptionHave you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The Packaging Operator tends machine that performs one or more packaging functions such as marking, labeling, packing or wrapping product by performing the following duties.
Key Job Responsibilities:
• Starts machine and observes operation to detect malfunctions of machine.
• Stops machine and reports malfunction to supervisor.
• Makes minor adjustments or repairs such as opening valves, changing forming and setting guides, or clearing away damaged product or packages.
• Inspects packages to ensure product is packaged according to specifications.
• Feeds product to conveyors and unloads packaged product.
• Replenishes packaging supplies such as film, card stock, ribbon, ink, or labels.
• Mounts supplies on spindles or other feeding devices.
• Performs checks and documents results
• Other duties as assigned
Key Behavioral Competencies:
•Ability to recognize and encourage the behaviors that contribute to teamwork
•Ability to communicate and work effectively with all associates in a team environment
•Must be detail oriented