Packaging Operator-HUT00241 Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world.Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience.We have 155,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way,reducing environmental impact and improving the communities wherewe live and work.
This full time position is located in Hutchinson, Kansas; however, please expect to receive a call from a 952 area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
Cargill Incorporated, a leader in the salt industry, has a full time job opportunity in the packaging department.
Operate/control equipment (bagging machine, scale equipment, heat sealer, conveyers, etc.) with computer interface. Use a variety of tools to perform equipment changeovers on packaging equipment (for different sizes/styles of bags, etc.)
- Operating bagging machine, scale equipment, heat sealer, conveyors and computer programs.
- Perform preventative maintenance on bagger and palletizer.
- Trouble shoot packaging equipment and perform minor repairs.
- Lockout equipment as needed.
- Maintain all housekeeping requirements.
- Maintain production records/note any problems with equipment.
- Assist in loading Van and flatbed trucks as needed.
- Refill packaging equipment with empty bags.
- Assist in warehouse operator duties as needed.
- Assist with maintenance tasks.
- Perform Safety Observations once training is completed .
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
- Cargill requires employees be a minimum of 18 years old to work in a production facility.
- Must be able to read/write English.
- High School diploma or Equivalent.
- Basic computer skills.
- Must be able to perform physical job duties including bending/stooping, climbing ladders, open/close valves, shoveling, pounding with hammer and work in confined spaces.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work under special work conditions, such as extreme heat or cold.
- Ability to work in elevated areas.
- Must be able to operate machinery.
- Ability to work overtime.
- Ability to work holidays, nights, weekends or different shifts.
- Prior experience in production related work.
- Forklift certified.