Now Hiring for Packaging / Pre-Weigh Operators
• Tired of working retail store hours?
• Need a dependable schedule, M-F (some overtime)?
• Want to work in a safe, clean state-of-the-art production facility?
• Interested in pay rate increases after 90 & 120 days?
If you answered yes to ANY of the questions above, we’d like to talk with you – please apply today!
What you’ll get:
• 40 + hours per week (dependable schedule): 8, 10 & 12 hour shifts available
• Competitive Pay + Scheduled raises (based on attendance and performance)
• Holiday & Vacation Pay
• Medical Benefits
• Additional training and skills
Position Title: Pre-Weigh Operator
Summary/Objective: Responsible for performing basic functions relating to the blending of products consistent with established Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), customer requirements and in conjunction with all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), while maintaining a safe work environment and adhering to Company policies and procedures.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Follow Company established standards, procedures and policies.
• Adhere to Company Pre-Weigh Work Process.
• Comply with Company safety, quality, house-keeping and hygiene standards and requirements.
• Verify products by identification and/or manufacturer number.
• Verify correct product and quantity on Master Formula Card before pre-weighing and documenting.
• Verify that all substitute products, identification numbers and quantity are documented on Master Formula Card.
• Use correct products and quantities required for the specific work order.
• Must review entries on Master Formula Card before given to pre-weigh supervisor.
• Ensure that all unused containers, bags, or drums are tied and sealed and covered immediately after use.
• Weigh and tag unused, or excessive, products before returning to the warehouse.
• Place labels on drums in the VMM room before drum leaves the room.
• Document all pre-weigh work on pre-weigh log and document shortages.
• Ensure that products are never placed on floor. Use plastic pallets.
• Comply with all safety and SOP procedures.
• Able to work overtime including occasional weekends.
Additional Duties Include:
• Must report Work Order shortages and missing items immediately to Pre-weigh Crew Leader.
• Wash utensils according to cleaning procedures at end of shift, cover or place in plastic bag to protect from dust.
• Sanitize utensils according to sanitizing procedures prior to start of shift, after each work order, and as necessary.
• Sweep, mop and clean VMM room on last work day of each week and as needed.
• Empty trash drums, sweep, clean room and common areas throughout the day as needed and at end of shift
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Employee will occasionally lift and carry up to 50 lbs., push product, walk, repeated bend, and use peripheral vision and depth perception. Employee will frequently use fingers for grasping, sit for extended period of time and stand. Employee will continuously read with attention to detail. Employee must have the ability to distinguish basic colors and shades of color, be able to smell and have routine hearing ability.
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
• High school diploma or GED
• Self-starter who can work in a fast paced environment
• Works well in a team environment
• Follows instructions precisely to ensure a quality product
Target Skills: Assembly, Assembler, Pick / Pack, Packaging, Production, Fast Food Retail, Retail Inventory, Stock Clerk, Warehouse Clerk