This position is responsible for developing and designing packages to protect products.
- Develop and design packages that allow products to successfully travel through Menards Distribution Center and arrive at a Menards store in an acceptable condition. This includes master cartons, inner cartons and internal protective packing.
- Develop procedures to monitor and audit product shipments to verify package integrity for Menards Distribution Centers and FedEx shipments.
- Develop guidelines and specifications for all packaging types.
- Work with Menards Distribution Centers, Buyers, Vendors and Retail Package Designers to find solutions to packaging problems.
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief Merchant or Replenishment Manager
- Bachelors Degree in Packaging or in a related field
- Experience and knowledge of packaging designs, processes, materials, methods and machinery is preferred.
- Must be knowledgeable in the following programs: Adobe Creative Suite: Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign; Adobe Acrobat; Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel
- Must have knowledge of FedEx package testing requirements, shipping guidelines and instructions
- Must have knowledge of retail/distribution level barcode requirements
- Must be able to work well alone and in a team atmosphere in order to meet tight deadlines
- Must be organized, able to prioritize and balance multiple projects at once
- Must have good communication skills
- Must be able to work full-time with the ability to put in overtime (average 45 hours per week)
- Travel may be necessary (including air travel)
- Relocation to the Eau Claire, WI area is required