Supervises the processing of products at specified production efficiency, safety, quality and cost standards. Provides leadership, planning and resources to help create a high performance work environment in manufacturing. Responsible for safety, sanitation, quality, productivity, cost and employee relations.
- Supervises processing employees in order to achieve processing department objectives.
- Provides planning and direction to employees in daily operations of department. Assigns responsibilities, coordinates and orchestrates work efforts, removes obstacles and monitors progress through to completion.
- Observes operations and assures that schedules are being met and that quality standards are maintained. Submits reports summarizing daily production operations.
- Inspects and tests processing set-ups to insure proper operation of all equipment. Requests maintenance of and/or modifications to facilities and equipment as required.
- Checks processing equipment daily to determine that it has been cleaned properly. Arranges for the cleaning and sanitation of processing areas and maintains Master Sanitation Schedule. Maintains acceptable levels of housekeeping and sanitation within department to meet Safe Quality Food standards.
- Responsible for the administration of a safe work environment and safety record in areas of responsibility.
- Coordinates the activities of other departments as directed.
- Develops and trains peers and subordinates in the operation and financials of the processing department. Leads employees using Lean Manufacturing Tools.
- Assures that adequate quantities of processing supplies and ingredients are available to meet current and planned production schedules.
- Conducts employee meetings for the purpose of training and problem solving. Holds daily shift meetings and weekly department meetings.
- Evaluates the performance of probationary employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Takes personal responsibility for coaching and developing employees. Confronts performance problems directly. Provides helpful suggestions and constructive, motivating feedback.
- Ensures performance is within budget requirements.
- Willing to work various shift in a 24x7 operation, 12 hours during seasonal operations.
- A Bachelor's degree in Operations Management or Engineering strongly preferred. A Bachelor degree in other disciplines such as in a related field considered.
- Minimum of three to five years of experience in a food and beverage manufacturing environment.
- Solid record of safety and continuous improvement in an industrial setting.