Packaging Supervisor - 2nd shift
Rx and OTC Specialty Pharmaceutical located in South Plainfield, NJ needs an experienced Packaging Supervisor to assist their 2nd shift operations. This position is responsible for the operation of the packaging department under the guidance of the Packaging Manager.
- Schedule packaging personnel to meet the packaging requirements.
- Manage the performance of all hourly packaging personnel.
- Oversee all actions to package pharmaceuticals according to specified schedules, procedures and proper selection of packaging materials
- Ensure that Quality Assurance has approved the specific lots of packaging materials used.
- Supervise the packaging operations and verify that procedures and documentation are properly submitted according to current good manufacturing practices.
- Verify and sign that records are correct and complete
- Ensure that all required information and procedures are correct for completion of packaging batches that are started on one shift and completed on a subsequent shift.
- Manage and schedule work for the following shift when current jobs are completed.
- Write SOPs, Protocols, Investigations, Planned Deviations, Change Controls, Capas and other documents to support the department and the company.
- Enforce current good manufacturing practices, standard operating procedures, safety, housekeeping, hygiene and security procedures.
- Interact with Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Maintenance, Validation and others as required in packaging activities.
- Ensure that SOPs, training and cGMPs are current and followed
- Work additional hours if needed to cover production requirements.
- Perform other duties as necessary or directed.
- Understand packaging documentation and Oracle transaction fields .Review Oracle transactions prior to entry. Fully understand Oracle
3+ years supervisory experience in a manufacturing, pharmaceutical, flavor & fragrance and/or nutraceutical packaging environments required.
Possesses sound analytical problem-solving and documentation skills
Demonstrates ability to prioritize conflicting demands
Executes assigned tasks within established schedule
Writes and speaks clearly and concisely
Develop and maintain expertise through continuing professional education and training
Comply with Company policies, procedures, rules and regulations
High School or equivalent
This is a Direct Hire position and salary is to be determined and based on experience.
Please send resume for immediate consideration and we will be in contact for an initial prescreen.
Benefits working with Volt Workforce Solutions:
* Excellent customer service and welcoming staff
* Weekly paycheck
* Direct Deposit / Money Network Card
* Medical Benefits
* Referral Bonus Program
Volt offers competitive compensation, the chance to work with some of the world’s leading companies, and a friendly staff committed to helping you take the next step on your career path. Volt is a global leader in the staffing industry and has earned its reputation as a staffing industry leader by making sure our clients make the right hire, every time. We provide proven, flexible recruiting and workforce management solutions to companies of all size, from innovative startups to Fortune 500 clients.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer