Packaging Tech Position Summary:
Packaging Technician is responsible for safely maintaining, repairing, replacing and modifying all processing, packaging and facility equipment with optimal quality and efficiency.
- High level of expertise in packaging machines that include being able to operate, repair and maintain Bosch, Hayssen and Illapak machines.
- Shall be capable of troubleshooting, electrical, electronics and pneumatics.
- Knowledgeable in interlocks, conveyors, Ishida weigh scales, SSC (twin machines), MDT (single machines) and conveyors.
- Ability to perform preventative maintenance as needed.
- Knowledgeable in motors, gearboxes, industrial controls, PLC programs and logic controls.
- Knowledgeable on tape machines (carton sealer equipment 3M and Little David).
- Ability to operate, repair and maintain ink jet printers.
Position Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to apply advanced skills and may develop advanced skills using tools and equipment appropriate for the position or specialization.
- Adapts procedures, processes, tools, equipment and techniques to accomplish the requirements of the position.
- Duties and tasks reflect substantial variety and complexity.
- Assignments are broad in nature and usually require originality and ingenuity.
- May serve as a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues.
- Works under general supervision.
- Minimum 2-4 years experience with industrial, high speed processing, packaging, weighing, filling and inspection equipment OR minimum one year technical training/school
- High School diploma or equivalency (such as a Technical degree) required; specific technical training to support the Maintenance skill summary.
- Ability to use a multi-meter and other measurement instruments.
- Ability to troubleshoot PLC controls, such as Allen-Bradley, GE Fanuc.
- Fabricate and modify parts using shop equipment; utilizing sanitary welding equipment procedures
- Ability to work with computer programs, such as Word and Excel.
- Ability to demonstrate proficient fabrication and welding systems.
- Ability to demonstrate welding skills.