| Packer |
Pay Rate: $14.34/ Hr
Shift: 03:00 PM-01:30 AM
The main function of a packer is to pack or package by hand a wide variety of products and materials.
• Mark and label containers, container tags, or products, using marking tools
.• Measure, weigh, and count products and materials.
• Examine and inspect containers, materials, and products to ensure that packing specifications are met.
• Record product, packaging, and order information on specified forms and records.
• Remove completed or defective products or materials, placing them on moving equipment such as conveyors or in specified areas such as loading docks.
• Seal containers or materials, using glues, fasteners, nails, and hand tools.
• Load materials and products into package processing equipment
.• Assemble, line, and pad cartons, crates, and containers, using hand tools.
• Clean containers, materials, supplies, or work areas, using cleaning solutions and hand tools.
• Transport packages to customers' vehicles.
• Verbal communication skills and team player.
• Basic problem solving skills.
• Basic knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures.
• Ability to lift heavy objects.
• High school diploma or GED typically required.
• 2-4 years experience required.
**Must have Steel toed boots***