At Novolex, we take pride in supporting our families across the globe. Our team is rich in diversity and our entrepreneurial culture encourages continuous personal growth and teamwork. Our careers include manufacturing, engineering, procurement, supply chain, finance, HR, product development, sales, marketing and an ever-expanding array of others to support our continuing rapid growth.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION
While working in a safe, effective manner, keeping quality in mind at all times, working in a cooperative team environment to feed, remove and package Burrows Paper Corporation products. Completing the entire finishing process through date coding, case taping and palletizing of all finished cases, including accurate paperwork throughout the entire forming process and inventory control.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Knows and comprehends basic start-up/shut down of all related equipment (i.e. formers, tape machine stretch wrapper, computers, etc.).
- Inspects/loads F-Flute or other blanks into former hoppers.
- Removes completed boxes from discharge end of former.
- Inspects completed boxes to verify conformance to customer specifications, discarding all non-conformance materials.
- Shuts down any equipment when malfunctioning or producing non- conforming materials.
- Wraps completed, inspected product in bags if required, or other required packaging material.
- Able to feed any former and pack finished product into shipping container for shipment.
- Date codes each case with the proper manufacturing date/shift on which product is produced, making sure all codes are legible.
- Stacks/palletizes finished cases on appropriate pallets, according to customer specifications.
- Fills out finished goods tickets with all the required information, in a neat and accurate manner. Using the computer and SAP software to maintain accurate inventory records.
- Stretch wraps finished loads to secure for warehousing storage/final shipment.
- Moves finished pallets of product to the identified storage area with hand truck.
- Keeps all work areas and machines in good manufacturing housekeeping condition at all times.
- Performs all duties with minimal supervision requirements.
- Informs shift forming operators, shift manager or shift assistant of problems that may arise.
- Performs all other duties or tasks as required by supervision.
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
- Follows all Company rules and guidelines.
- Avoid unsafe practices or carelessness. Follow all Company safety rules and policies. Follow all safety rule specific to each machine and/or department.
- Cooperate with fellow employees.
- Is waste conscious of efforts and materials at all times.
- Attempts to achieve quality product.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be a team player with a “can do” attitude.
- Should possess basic mechanical skills.
- Capable of working in hot environment.
- Must be capable of standing for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 60 lbs., to a height of 7 to 8 ft. when stacking finished product.
- Must have basic troubleshooting abilities.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have basic computer and math skills.
- Must be able to read and comprehend Basic English.
- Due to fluctuating production levels employees may be asked to work beyond normally scheduled work hours or less than normally scheduled work hours. Employees may be required to work weekends or partial weekends on a scheduled basis. You may also be called in during non-scheduled hours.
- Regularly required to stand, sit, move about facility, climb stairs, bend, twist, kneel, crouch or crawl, use hands and fingers to touch, handle, or feel objects, tools and controls, grasp, push, pull, reach with hands and arms, lift above shoulder level. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to operate an electric pallet jack.
While performing the duties of this job the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts. The employee occasionally is exposed to fumes or other airborne particles and vibration.
Noise levels in the work environment is usually in the range of 85 decibels.
Employee will be subject to mandatory testing for drugs and/or alcohol on a random, reasonable suspicion, post-accident, return-to-duty, and follow-up basis.
Following GMP in compliance with all food safety requirements.
Novolex does not publicly post salary information on job boards.
Novolex™ is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices, including but not limited to, selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, handicap or disability, genetics, citizenship status, service member or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Any individual, who because of his or her disability, needs an accommodation in connection with an aspect of the Company’s application process should contact Jamie Wells at firstname.lastname@example.org