Location: Snoqualmie, WA or Frisco, TX
***All interested and qualified candidates can please contact Schuyler Moose at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Must be flexible with shift work/ 24x7 environment, working nights/weekends as needed
• 12 month contract with possibility of extension
• Potential shift: Sunday, Thurs - Sat 10 hour shift 7 PM - 5 AM CT
• PACKET CORE owned platforms within the network: GGSN, S/PGW, CISCO ULTRA-M, SGSN, MME/vMME, EDPG, various platforms that connect us to the data network, IPV4/6 OMW, MVNO services
Packet core team consists of mid-level to subject matter experts that support complex network issues. We provide remote network surveillance, tier 1.5 to tier 2 troubleshooting. Our team tests, identifies, and repairs simple to complex equipment/network problems. We perform basic configuration and fault management for a wide array of PACKET CORE owned platforms within the network including but not limited to GGSN, S/PGW, CISCO ULTRA-M, SGSN, MME/vMME, EDPG, various platforms that connect us to the data network, IPV4/6 OMW, MVNO services, and an assortment of adjunct and peripheral systems.
• Our team works as part of a cross functional team to conduct routine remote surveillance and tier 1.5 maintenance activities for all network nodes in our area of responsibility.
• We provide support to other techs/engineers and perform fault isolation tests related to hardware, software, and connectivity trouble, monitor network alarms and key performance indicators.
• We create, execute, and respond to work orders and trouble tickets by either conducting restoration efforts, implementing changes/validation of activities.
• We escalate trouble tickets to third parties such as as peer partners, equipment vendors, managed services, as well as second tier organizations within company and onsite data center support.
• Operations support: we answer inbound calls from a wide variety of client organizations and external groups and perform necessary support required by the caller. We provide support during large scale outages and disaster recovery effort.
• We enroll in complete training requirements to stay current on existing and new systems/products, to grow skills, and to maintain proficiency on company values and organizational requirements. We identify, research, and develop process improvements and recommend them to management for implementation.
• Most alerts alarm into one consoles and manual tickets are created in PIER as trouble tickets or change records and worked by team. We will drive all issues and outages to resolution, with the support of internal and external teams.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178