Responsible for the operational resources for the PACS/CR.DR systems. Maintains current and future digital radiology systems in working order. Ensures proper use of the systems by the Diagnostic Imaging staff. Acts as a liaison in digital imaging initiatives within the department and other departments. Assists in the development of department policies and procedures. Assess technologist work and workflow for increase safety and efficiencies. Assists in performing diagnostic procedures when needed. Will be responsible for the day to day operations and manages the department during the director's absence.
1. Education: Work requires knowledge normally acquired through the completion of a two-year Radiologic Technology training program approved by the AMAand training with PACS systems.
2. Licensure: CRT and ARRT certification preferred.
3. Experience: At least five years of clinical and digital imaging services experience is required. Knowledge of PACS hardware and software is preferred. Supervisory experience is required.
4. Essential Technical/Motor Skills: Knowledge of radiographic equipment and radiation safety (patient and operator). Knowledge of PACS hardware, software, DICOM and HL7 standards.
5. Interpersonal Skills: Excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with patients, physicians, public and co-workers. Work requires ability to communicate effectively about complex matters with others who have varying levels of comprehension and knowledge (written and oral). Ability to work under pressure and on concurrent, multidisciplinary projects.