At Pediatric Surgery Centers in Tampa, Florida, we provide first-class surgical services for local communities and recognize our employees as our number one assets. As aSurgical ScrubTech at ourfacility, you have the opportunity to enjoy no calls, no weekends and no holidays. We focus on offering a high quality, ambulatory care alternative to a hospital for surgical procedures. We have been in operation at this location since 2005 and perform over 4,500 surgeries per year. Speciality areas include ENT, GI , General Surgery, Ophthalmology, and Urology.
The PACU Registered Nurse provides nursing care to patients in compliance with, but not limited to Standards of Practice a defined by ANA, AORN, ASPAN and State Practice Act Standards and, organizational protocols, policies, procedures and guidelines. ThePACU RNperforms safe and individualized nursing care for the patient during the post-operative/post anesthesia period. Provides nursing care to meet patient needs related to surgical condition and type of anesthesia administered, monitoring patient and informing surgeon or anesthetist of observed complications.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- RN with active license in Florida.
- BLS certification required. PALS certificate preferred, but will train.
- RN experience in pediatric PACU or Recovery setting is strongly preferred.
- Experience with airway management and pain management required. Experience in Pediatric ICU (PICU) acceptable.