Shape the future today.
The world is changing. The question is, what will be our contribution to the outcome? We have set the pace in the field of mobility from the very beginning, and we will continue to do so. At Mercedes-Benz Vans, interdisciplinary teams are developing the mobility of tomorrow. Our goal is to make mobility safer, simpler, and more sustainable for people across the globe. Put your pioneering spirit to good use: This is your opportunity to make a contribution that extends far beyond your job title.
At Mercedes-Benz Vans, we offer you the perfect environment for your professional and personal growth. Cutting-edge training and promising career opportunities will help you to foster and expand your professional skill set as well as your individual strengths. Think, try, and thrive with us in collaborative work environments that spark game-changing concepts.
Manages the safety, productivity, training, morale, and security of a maintenance production Group. Monitors production and meets established production and quality targets. Possesses strong expertise in multiple technical work areas. Directly responsible for Team Members.
- Acts as the technical and disciplinary lead of the group.
- Oversees, organizes, and coordinates all work content of the group. Motivates, supports, develops, and challenges team members to their optimal potential.
- Manages flow of communication to the team and to management
- Drives continuous improvement for production processes, efficiency, product quality, environment, and ergonomics.
- Identifies trouble areas and resolves issues.
- Administer company policies and procedures.
- Assumes ownership and accountability for personnel management: Responsible for evaluations/reviews, coaching, counselling, resource planning and team building.
- Coordinates schedules and workflow for the team. Plans, controls, and approves vacation, employee shifts, qualifications, and schedules.
- Provides feedback to all involved departments to improve overall performance of the plant.
- Prepares reports based on data. Presents findings to management and others.
- Introduces measures for positive development of employees. Resolves complex employee issues.
- Resolves issues that are varied and non-routine. May order materials and/or spare parts.
- Facilitates and participates in regularly scheduled meetings.
- High School Diploma
- 3+ years of Supervisory experience in a Manufacturing environment
- Must have experience with (Body, Paint, or Assembly) Industrial Maintenance
- Bachelor’s degree in related field is desired
- Highly flexible individual with the ability to adapt to changing priorities Strong interpersonal skills required. Must have excellent communication and organizational skills
- Computer skills essential, including strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Automotive industry experience a plus
- Understands and applies “root cause analysis”
We are all in for change. Are you too? Apply now.
If you have experience in the above and are interested in joining an outstanding company we welcome you to apply. The division Mercedes-Benz Vans is world renown for quality and innovative products.
EXCELLENT COMPENSATION & BENEFITS PLAN WITH 401k MATCHING
Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC (“MBV”) is a plant in Ladson, South Carolina that produces Sprinter vans for the U.S. and Canadian market under the brands Mercedes-Benz and Freightliner. The midsize Mercedes-Benz Metris vans are also reassembled at this location
Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC invested 500 million U.S. dollars in the construction of a new Sprinter production plant in addition to an expansion of the previous assembly operations. In September 2018, MBV officially opened its new plant, located next to existing operations in the North Charleston area. The MBV facility will provide up to 1,300 jobs by the end of the decade and is expected to create at least 600 additional jobs in the region through its suppliers
More than 130,000 Sprinters have been assembled in North Charleston and delivered to destinations in the U.S. since 2006. The U.S. is now the second largest market for Sprinter vans, after Germany.
Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC is committed to fostering an inclusive environment that appreciates and leverages the diversity of our team. We provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation),age, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, physical or other disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Maintenance Group Leader