PAINTER JOB DESCRIPTION
REPORTS TO: Property Engineer
Employee performs skilled work in painting varied surfaces, including walls, equipment, furniture and other structures as needed. He/she is also responsible for performing the job in a safe and efficient manner and performing other work orders as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Licensed in a trade preferred
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc. from disparate sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying the issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
- Must be able to work unsupervised.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working (per brand standards).
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Follow all hotel and departmental procedures and policies.
- Report emergencies and unusual situations immediately.
Maintain all painted surfaces of the hotel using a variety of paint types.
Mix paint colors as necessary.
Varnish and spray-paint furniture as necessary.
Build and repair partition walls.
Caulk and grout as necessary.
- Demonstrate an attitude of cooperation and helpfulness at all times.
- Employees must, at all times, be friendly, courteous, and helpful to guests, employees and managers.
- Point out and assist with eliminating safety concerns.
Source: Aimbridge Hospitality