Palliative care Certification required!
· Provides direct patient care related to health maintenance and promotion for non-Hospice Palliative Care adult and geriatric patients and patients with terminal illness transitioning to Comfort Care/Hospice Care at end of life.
· Performs comprehensive physical exams, holistic assessments and coordinates regular patient/family meetings to review patient's past medical history, current clinical status, underlying chronic and acute disease processes, and defines individualized goals of care within context of patient's advanced directives.
· Prepares timely individual patient bills for services provided (daily submission to Physician Billing)
Flexibility to adjust staffing based on coverage needs to ensure 7 day/week daily coverage. May work 1 or 2 weekends per schedule
· Exceptional listening and verbal communication skills required.
· Word, PPT, Excel and EMR proficiency preferred.
· Critical Care experience required.
· Hospice Palliative Care Certification Preferred
Provide extensive direct patient care to Palliative Care patients through the consult service. Must be licensed and certified NYS Nurse Practitioner, ACLS