DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Standard Hours: 40
Job Shift: Shift 1
DIVISION CHIEF, PALLIATIVE MEDICINE AT HARTFORD HOSPITAL
To LEAD a highly functionalteam consisting of members from Social Work, Nursing, Pastoral Care, and physicianswith background in Internal Medicine and Psychiatry.
HartfordHealthCare (HHC) is the mostcomprehensive, integrated health care system in CT. This rapidly expanding system includes sixacute care hospitals, including Hartford Hospital, one of the largestbehavioral health networks in New England, robust Rehabilitation and Home Careorganizations, and a large multi-specialty medical group in which more than 600engaged physicians and advanced practitioners practice primary and specialtycare throughout the state. Hartford HealthCare is at the forefront ofaddressing provider wellness and reducing burnout.
Weseek an engaged and innovative fellowship trained Palliative Medicine physicianto leada mature, dynamic Division of Palliative Medicineat Hartford Hospital, an 867 bed Level 1 trauma, academic/tertiary care medicalcenter, and a premier teaching affiliate of the University Of ConnecticutSchool Of Medicine. Hartford Hospital has a vibrant inpatient caremodel with 42,500 patient discharges and is one of the highest volume surgicalhospitals as well as the highest volume stroke center in New England.
Reporting to the Chief of Medicine,the Division Chief, of the Palliative Medicine Team works very closelywith the Hartford Hospital Emergency Department, Trauma, Critical Care services,Oncology, Neurosciences, Cardiovascular Services (Transplant, VAD Program, TAVRProgram) and other specialty programs, covering a broad spectrum of palliativemedicine.
- Last year the team saw nearly 1500 new patients in consultation and realized a 17% increase in inpatient hospice transitions
- Premier training site for the University of Connecticut School of Medicine, providing abundant teaching and clinical research opportunities
· 1,930 traumaadmissions, an average of 100,000 ED visits per year and over 3,000 ICUadmissions per year
· Charter member ofthe Memorial Sloan-Kettering (MSK) Cancer Alliance and an integral component ofthe HHC Cancer Institute and HHC Heart and Vascular Institute.
Locatedjust two hours from Boston and New York City, we are in the heartof some of New England’s most stunning communities offering your family nationallyacclaimed schools, a choice to live at the shore, in vibrant urban areas,or in a Kiplinger “Top 10 Best City to Raise a Family” and Travel & Leisure’s “Coolest Suburb inAmerica.” For more information about our system and region, and to apply pleasecontact Pamela.email@example.com Mobile 860--306-8009.
- We seek an engaged and innovative fellowship trained Palliative Medicine physician.
- Licensed (or eligible) to practice in the state of Connecticut