The Department of Internal Medicine at Rush University Medical Center is seeking Palliative Medicine Physicians and APPs to join its team.
This opportunity is ideal for a Palliative Medicine provider who is interested in an urban academic teaching hospital and working with a robust and rapidly growing interdisciplinary palliative medicine team. The position includes patient care (inpatient consultation and outpatient clinic), education and scholarly opportunities. Additional highlights include:
- Being part of a well-established academic palliative medicine section within the Department of Internal Medicine
- Strong focus on interdisciplinary education with learners from several fellowships and required rotation for medical residents
- Interface with a diverse patient population (socioeconomic, cultural, disease processes)
- Serve as a core clinical member for a strong ACGME-accredited Hospice and Palliative Medicine fellowship in a joint venture with neighboring Cook County Hospital
- Integral member of a multidisciplinary, destination Cancer Center team
- Partner with an onsite inpatient hospice unit
- Opportunity to participate in in workforce development, workforce resiliency research, academic research and quality improvement
- Provide mentorship and continuing education within the Schools of Medicine and Nursing at Rush University
- Potential to gain protected time for leadership and academic productivity
Physician candidates should be fellowship-trained in Palliative Medicine with board-certification in his/her primary specialty, as well as board-certification or board eligibility in Hospice and Palliative Medicine. APP candidates should be a licensed physician assistant (PA) or advanced practice registered nurse (APRN). The position offers competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and an academic appointment commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates, please send your CV and cover letter to:
Senior Faculty Recruiter
Rush is an equal opportunity / Affirmative Action employer