- Southington, CT 06489
- Job Type
JRI is currently seeking a full-time paraprofessional for Northeast Behavioral Health Center in-home based program in Middletown, New Britain, Meriden, Torrington, Hartford, New Haven areas.
The Paraprofessional provides a variety of community-based services to children, adolescents and their families. These services include skills coaching, psychoeducation for caregivers , Life Skills training, activity/leisure planning, job coaching, community exploration & integration, behavior management, crisis management and case management services. JRI In-home services are designed to help youth remain in the home or to transition back to the home from outside placements. Services and training incorporate principles and interventions from Trauma Informed, Cognitive-Behavioral and Wraparound models.
Northeast Behavioral Health Center treats the entire family or a subset of the family, to enhance problem-solving, limit-setting, communication, emotional support or other family or individual functions. Regular individual/group supervision and access to training will be provided. On call coverage and nights & weekend coverage may be required. Schedule is flexible depending on your availability and needs of client/family. Competitive salary and excellent benefits. This position involves working at various locations in CT.
· Para professional: Bachelor’s degree in a human service field from an accredited university with 2 years of direct relevant experience working with youth and families who require behavior management to address mental health needs
· Ability to be credentialed as TSS through CT Advanced Behavioral Health (ABA)
· On-call duty including weekends
· Ability to be certified in American Red Cross CPR/First Aid
· Daily access to a working, registered and insured vehicle
· Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications.
· Ability to independently plan and organize one’s own schedule and activities.
· Knowledge of basic Microsoft computer systems and an understanding of the internet
· Acceptable Background check record
· Acceptable Driving Record and a valid driver’s license
JRI is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds including women, communities of color, the LGBT community and people with disabilities.
Posted 30+ days ago