Revantage Corporate Services is a newly formed Blackstone company created to provide corporate services consisting of HR, Finance, Tax, Legal, Risk Management and Technology to real estate portfolio companies, wholly owned by Blackstone funds, in various sectors including multifamily (LivCor), commercial office (Equity Office), retail (ShopCore), hotel (BRE Hotels and Resorts), and industrial (Gateway). As Revantage expands, it could provide services to additional Blackstone companies.
As part of Revantage Corporate Services, the Paralegal will assist attorneys and corporate paralegals in connection with transactional, operational, and other real estate matters, as needed. Support provided by this candidate will include drafting and editing documents, reviewing contracts, maintaining and organizing files, supporting operational and transactional efforts and other duties within the company to be assigned on an as-needed basis. In performing the responsibilities, the Paralegal will work with the legal team in the Chicago office as well as the members of the Legal Department based out of multiple states (Florida, California, Pennsylvania). In addition, the Paralegal will interact and work with the following departments: financial analysis, due diligence, accounting, income tax, property tax, financial reporting, treasury, risk services and environmental/engineering, as well as with regional and local portfolio company personnel responsible for individual properties and projects.
As the Paralegal, one is held accountable to, however not limited to, the following job functions:
- Tracking emergency responder invoicing for property damage and interfacing with project manager for appropriate payment.
- Review, code and process outside legal invoices and maintain legal AP.
- Maintaining, organizing and tracking of all vehicle licenses, vehicle registrations, liquor licenses, trademarks and fictious name filings; assist with filings.
- Prepare documents for the authorization of a variety of corporate entity matters including Doing Business As registrations, Authority to do Business, corporate filings, etc.
- Assist Construction and Design teams with permit matters and notices of commencement.
- Assist with updating portfolio company’s distribution list of current assets and personnel.
- Document management and office support (Fed-Ex, scanning, downloading, and saving closing books and obtaining copies from law firms for past or present deals).
- Work closely with in-house attorneys, outside counsel, corporate departments, and business units on real estate related matters.
- Special Projects: Assists with other projects and duties as assigned
- Assist with all legal aspects of business operations including contracting, asset inventory, real estate permitting and licensing and construction-related matters.
- Assist with relevant operational documents in preparation of transactions including review of existing service agreements, third-party reports, diligence summaries and other closing support.
- Prepare summaries of contractual obligations and critical dates checklist and closing documents. Actively participating in all closing activities, including obtaining signatures, maintain organized copies of closing documents and creating a closing book.
- Support legal aspect of due diligence activities including, but not limited to, receiving, filing, uploading due diligence material to a central data site while monitoring a due diligence checklist and providing regular reports of status per transaction.
- Prepare, review and deliver estoppel certificate requests.
- Prepare and facilitate consent and termination notices (3rd party service vendors).
- Onboarding/offboarding of due diligence materials, closing binders, and other relevant documents from each transaction
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Paralegal certificate is required
- At least three to five years of legal experience preferably in hospitality and/or other commercial real estate industry
- Must have the ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Must have strong verbal and written communication, counseling and problem-solving skills in addition to flexibility, accountability, and critical thinking skills
- Knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point is required
- Candidate must possess organizational and project management skills with the ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and be able to thrive in a fast-pace work environment