- The Corporate Paralegal will provide a broad range of support to the Dura legal, finance, HR and operations teams, and may correspond with outside counsel.
- Under the direction of counsel, this position will assist with analysis of routine legal issues, contract review, drafting and negotiation, legal filings, corporate governance assistance, research, creating and maintaining document databases, litigation, general administrative activities and other duties as assigned.
- Assist with drafting and redlining of agreements, using an understanding of basic principles of contracts.
- Legal research and memo writing.
- Will perform keyword searching to find case law supporting legal positions.
- Assist with litigation, including docket dates, filing court documents, preparation of discovery responses, assist with subpoenas, discovery and document production.
- Assist on a broad range of corporate governance matters for DURA and subsidiaries, including managing director and officer appointments, and associated filings in the U.S. and overseas.
- Create, maintain, and administer contract and document files/databases. Assist finance, tax and HR departments with document submissions, and other duties as assigned in coordination with legal.
- 8+ years of general corporate paralegal experience. In-house experience preferred.
- Automotive industry experience a plus, but not required.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time. Strong relationship building skills and ability to communicate with individuals both within and outside the law department.
- Requires experience in legal research, summarizing documents and analysis of law.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines. Self-starter, with the ability to monitor own workload to meet work goals.
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills required, including ability to interpret and explain statutes/regulations.
- Ability to work independently, manage complex projects and research and multitask successfully in a fast-paced and complex business environment.
- Polished verbal and writing skills required.
- Bachelor's Degree with Paralegal certificate
- Proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Adobe Reader, keyword searching, typing.
- Superior communication skills – able to present ideas in a clear, concise manner.
- Unquestioned integrity and values that the organization can trust.
- Consensus builder with strong persuasion skills.
- A highly motivated team player who contributes to an atmosphere in which people collaboratively, enthusiastically and effectively produce results.
- A good listener with a strong sense of self.
- Must be flexible with the ability to change, adapt and grow.
- Exhibits passion for the mission of the company and the needs of our clients.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and requirements of the position. DURA Automotive Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
ABOUT DURA AUTOMOTIVE SYSTEMS
DURA Automotive Systems, a Lynn Tilton company, is a global automotive supplier specializing in the design, engineering and manufacturing of innovative solutions that propel the vehicle development initiatives of automakers. DURA is focused on advancing global sustainability technology in three core areas:
- Driving fuel economy improvement through vehicle lightweighting and intelligent mechatronics;
- Advancing safety through innovative structural vehicle architectures and advanced driver control solutions; and
- Preserving our environment through sustainable manufacturing practices.
The company’s products include mechatronic control systems, including shift-by-wire systems; electronic systems, including actuators and Advanced Driver Assist Systems (ADAS); lightweight structural body systems, including aluminum closures; and exterior systems, including window systems and exterior trim.
DURA is headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan, USA. With global sales of $1.7 billion, the company has 12,000 employees worldwide and operates 40 facilities in 15 countries. DURA is nationally certified in the United States by the Women's Business Enterprise Council.
DURA’S CORE FOUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES INCLUDE:
- Performance Driven Culture
- Excellence in quality, sustainability and customer experience
- Leading-edge technology and innovation
- Sustained financial health and profitable growth
Whether beginning your career journey or to expand your career development, DURA offers a working environment rich in creativity, innovative thinking and teamwork. Our flat organization structure encourages all employees to contribute with fresh ideas that drive opportunity and reward. DURA employment features:
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Continuous training
- Employee recognition programs
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit the following link:
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access: http://www.duraauto.com/dura-careers/search-jobs as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or via fax to: 248-475-4338. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your e-mail subject line or fax title.