Related Companies is the most prominent privately-owned real estate firm in the United States. Formed over 47 years ago, Related is a fully-integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of development, acquisitions, management, finance, marketing and sales. Headquartered in New York City, Related has offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, South Florida, Washington, D.C., Abu Dhabi and London, and boasts a team of over 3,500 professionals. With over $50 billion in assets owned or under development, the company’s portfolio is made up of best-in-class developments in premier high-barrier-to-entry markets across all asset classes. Related was recently named one of the “50 Most Innovative Companies in the World” by Fast Company Magazine. Related has dramatically redefined the concept of metropolitan luxury by introducing extraordinary residential properties in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York City and Washington, D.C. With each new building, Related has been hailed for setting new standards of excellence in the luxury marketplace. Related also owns an extensive portfolio of workforce and affordable housing and has several new rental developments underway across the country. Among other leadership initiatives, they were the first landlord to accept credit card payments, one of the first developers to build sustainable high-rise buildings and the first national developer to go smoke-free. Related’s commitment to hospitality-level service in its residential buildings includes a proprietary training program that empowers employees to exceed its residents’ expectations, and an exclusive strategic partnership with Hello Alfred to provide a suite of personal life-enhancing services to residents. Related is also a strategic investor in category-defining companies including Equinox® and SoulCycle. For more information about Related Companies please visit www.related.com.
Related Midwest’s legal department desires to add a full-time paralegal. This position will have the following responsibilities:
- Assist with the preparation, drafting, review and administration of various contracts;
- Route completed contract requests; and
- Coordinate finalizing agreements, manage process of obtaining signatures and final delivery of fully executed agreement to the appropriate parties.
- Preparation of EDS and other compliance forms in connection with entitlement processes;
- Handle data entry in contract management system for condominium purchase and sale agreements;
- Assist with preparation of closing documents for condominium sales and other acquisitions and dispositions;
- Manage closing checklists, status and progress for acquisitions and dispositions;
- Review and file, and when needed, prepare and file, closing binders for closed transactions
- Prepare summaries for final commercial leases.
- Corporate and General
- Manage filing of final documents to master database;
- Assist with creation of corporate organizational documents and charts;
- Draft resolutions and written consents and certificates in connection with various transactions;
- Manage/track filing of certificates of formation, annual reports and other corporate filings;
- Assist with preparation and compilation of documents for real estate assessment appeals;
- Manage outside legal invoices, payment and status tracking; and
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Paralegal or similar certification preferred
- At least two years of real estate and/or corporate paralegal experience in an in-house or law firm setting.
- Excellent client service skills;
- Highest level of professionalism;
- Ability to work in a high volume, deadline driven working environment;
- Perform basic legal research;
- Detail oriented and highly organized;
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lexis and experience; and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;