Exceptional Company is looking for a Paralegal to help support the in-house legal staff by investigating facts, preparing legal documents, or conducting research to support a legal proceeding, to formulate a defense, or to initiate legal action.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepare documents such as affidavits and legal correspondence based on requested specifications.
- Conduct legal research and initial case assessments.
- Review non-complex customer contracts and make appropriate recommendations.
- Conduct fact-finding, along with review of Federal and State laws, along with other resources as it relates to employment related matters.
- Directing and coordinating law office activity, including delivery of subpoenas.
- Gathering and analyzing statutes, decisions, and legal articles, codes, documents, and other data.
- Review non-complex legal documents and make appropriate recommendations.
- Develop and maintain an index system for all case files.
- Develop and maintain a contract file indexing system that can be used as an active archive for all ongoing and completed contracts.
- Monitor changes to Federal and State government guidelines or regulations, and submit reports on pertinent changes.
- Provide accurate, concise, ethical and timely work to the legal department.
- Liaison between field organization, vendors and customers.
- Utilize existing files and a variety of other research resources to develop information as needed.
Required Education and Experience
Certificate of completion from an ABA-approved paralegal certification program of education and training, or an Associate Degree in paralegal studies; or equivalent relevant education. A minimum of two years of office administration experience.
Experience with research and report-writing and Industry recognized certification from organizations such as NALA or AACP.