ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have an industry leading position in the Bakken in North Dakota – a key U.S. shale play. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industry’s largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at Hess.com.
Houston-based paralegal responsible for supporting Hess Global Compliance on matters and projects, internal investigations, third party due diligence; primary responsibility for maintaining and managing online systems for training, due diligence, internal investigations, conflicts of interest, and pre-approvals.
The successful candidate will support Hess’ company-wide Global Compliance Program, with an emphasis on programs and activities related to the code of business conduct and anti-corruption, including third party due diligence. This position will collaborate with Global Compliance Program attorneys as well as other corporate functions and regional business units to raise awareness of, and ensure compliance with, Hess’ Global Compliance policies and procedures. The ideal candidate will have experience in implementing compliance program policies, procedures and protocols, as well as a good understanding of ethics and compliance related subject matters such as training, third party due diligence, anti-bribery/corruption laws, code of business conduct, and internal investigations. The role will involve close interaction with Hess business unit personnel, Hess Legal Department, Human Resources, Internal Audit, Supply Chain, outside counsel, and others. Reports to Deputy Compliance Officer, Sr. Assistant General Counsel.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with ensuring that procedures, guidance, and standards are developed, implemented, maintained, and updated for the general operation of the Global Compliance Program and its related activities in a consistent manner to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct
- Assists Global Compliance attorneys with the management and review of pre-approval requests, conflict of interest disclosures and third party due diligence submissions
- Manages training, pre-approval, and third party due diligence online systems including by providing first level support to end users; managing relationships and coordinating with system service providers on technical support issues and other system enhancements; generating reports from systems for use in presentations; and conducting routine maintenance to systems via administrator permissions
- Supervises revisions and other enhancements made to Global Compliance material published on the Company’s internal and external websites; coordinates with other Company functions on the distribution and publication of these materials
- Provides support to Global Compliance attorneys on the development, implementation, and company-wide launch of online compliance training modules; works closely with the Global Compliance group’s learning management solutions company
- Maintains and monitors compliance training records and reports; generates reports from online training systems; liaises with Hess HR regarding employee compliance training records and reporting; responds to requests for training completion data
- Assists Global Compliance attorneys with drafting, revising and editing trainings, reports, and presentations, including presentations to the Audit Committee and at other internal meetings; conducts occasional research in publicly available sources and Hess Legal Department subscription sources to support the same
- Reviews due diligence forms submitted by employees and third parties for completeness; works with submitting parties to correct deficiencies; escalates problems as needed
- Reviews ongoing monitoring reports from third party due diligence system and escalates issues identified as needed
- Assists Global Compliance attorneys with internal investigations, including by collecting and organizing data and documents and preparing for employee interviews; assists with interviews by taking notes
- Manages Global Compliance internal investigation matter management system, including by creating and updating case files and generating reports from system
- Organizes and maintains Global Compliance Program files
- Collaborates with Global Compliance attorneys as well as other corporate functions (e.g., Internal Audit, HR, EHS) and members of the Legal Department to implement compliance initiatives
- Degree: B.A. or B.S. required
- Paralegal Certification and/or Compliance & Ethics Professional Certification a plus
- Prefer 5 years of relevant experience, including in corporate ethics & compliance department
- Impeccable judgment and ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Strong research, analytical, and practical problem-solving skills
- Complex project management experience including planning, milestone tracking, and execution
- Experience managing and organizing file and data systems
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to concurrently manage multiple projects of varying lengths
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires fluency in Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with SAP, Ariba, Concur a plus
The Hess Way of Working refers to competencies considered absolute pre-requisites for success. How you deliver results is as important as what you achieve. Every employee is expected to demonstrate the behaviors within these competencies to be considered an effective performer and, ultimately, earn career growth opportunities.
- Builds Trusted Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Creates Effective Teams
- Thinks Strategically
- Inspires Innovation
- Demonstrates Courage
- Drives Continuous Improvement
- Makes Quality Decisions
- Delivers High Performance
Hess is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Brad Janik | Employee | Legal | United States| Texas | Houston | | | | | No | 25139