Location: Dallas, Texas
Reports to: SVP Legal
Compensation: Commensurate w/ Experience
Benefits: Medical, Dental & Short-term benefits paid for employees
Hours: 9:00 – 6:00
Provide paralegal and administrative support to legal counsel in the Compliance and Legal Departments.
- Processing legal invoices for payment
- Pulling letters, telephone calls, and other data as part of subpoena responses and litigation research
- Monitoring the legal inbox
- Handling service of process on CT Corp. website
- Preparing regulatory complaint responses
- Assisting the research and lien release departments with various tasks
- Completing non-disclosure agreements
- Transcribing phone calls for litigation purposes
- Assisting attorneys with legal research
- Monitoring MERS Inbox
- Assisting attorneys with the preparation of pre-foreclosure documentation
- Assisting attorneys with the preparation of demand letters
- Reviewing emails from Client Services primarily regarding first lien foreclosures
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree with Minimum GPA of 3.0 or one to two years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent or a combination of education and experience.
- Paralegal certification a plus, but not required.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check, drug screen and credit check to client-required standards
- Additional legal research certifications and coursework preferred.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment, including electronic keyboard, mouse and telephone.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk on the phone. He/she may be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time as well as perform repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position; extended work hours and/or overtime may be required as dictated and/or approved by management and business needs.