Detroit-based Bedrock is a full-service real estate firm specializing in acquiring, leasing, financing, and managing commercial and residential space. Since its founding in 2011, Bedrock and its affiliates have invested more than $3.5 billion in developing more than 100 properties in downtown Detroit and Cleveland totaling more than 16 million square feet. Bedrock’s real estate portfolio consists of more than 330 office and retail tenants in Detroit’s technology-centric downtown. For more information, visit www.bedrockdetroit.com or engage with us on Twitter @BedrockDetroit and Facebook.
You will be working directly for the chief in-house corporate counsel providing paralegal support for a fast-paced, innovative urban real estate development and leasing company by assisting in acquisition of office, retail and residential use property, office and retail leasing, service and management contracts, due diligence, corporate formation, and other important legal initiatives.
- Assist in organizing, conducting and summarizing business/investment related due diligence
- Assist in review of title work, contracts, leases, licenses and easements relating to potential acquisitions
- Assist in preparing and organizing closing documents and closing logistics on multiple transactions
- Conduct post-closing follow-up
- Analyze, review, summarize, and prepare office and retail leases, amendments, and summaries
- Assist in organizing and tracking NDA documents, collateral, business entities, organizational and third party agreements
- Analyze, review, summarize and prepare property service contracts and consultant agreements
- Assist in procuring and maintaining intellectual property rights (e.g., prepare and review NDAs, conduct trademark and domain-name searches and prepare related filings)
- Categorize, index and simplify large amounts of data and curate into succinct, understandable format
- Review invoices from outside firms to ensure conformity with company guidelines
- Monitor political, legislative and case law developments regarding issues that may have an impact on the Family of Companies
- Assist in entity management and corporate formalities
- Set up, manage and maintain data rooms
- 3-5 years of real estate development experience
- Experience with leases, drafting of leases
- Basic business knowledge and understanding of the legal underpinnings for business formation, structure and capitalization
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing, in person and in small groups
- Ability to comprehend, distill and simplify issues for presentation to team members
- Advanced critical thinking skills
- Ability to manage time to meet multiple, simultaneous deadlines
- Self-management skills to follow through on tasks and communications and drive self and project team for results
- Must be an active learner and understand the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
- Willingness and ability to exhibit the highest degree of confidentiality in all company matters
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision, and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
Why We're Different
Meet the anti-corporate culture of Bedrock, where there's no daunting hierarchy, "boss" is a four-letter word, and if you work hard, you're the one who'll reap the rewards, both personally and professionally. More than any other place you'll work, we’re dedicated to honing your skills, helping you grow and making sure you have plenty of fun while you’re at it.
Bedrock is an equal opportunity employer.