Our firm seeks an experienced civil litigation paralegal to work in our workmen's compensation and personal injury department in the Dover, Delaware office. A degree in paralegal studies (or the equivalent) is preferred, but not necessarily required if the applicant is a certified paralegal in Delaware. The hours for this position are from 8:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. Monday through Friday. This is a full-time position with room to grow.
Primary duties and responsibilities include, among other things:
- Client intake;
- Communication with employers, tort feasors, adjusters, employees, clients;
- Conducting discovery;
- Accurately maintaining calendars of attorneys for critical deadlines and dates to ensure all deadlines are met and work is processed in a timely and efficient manner;
- Drafting pleadings;
- Preparing, organizing and maintaining binders for trial; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Necessary skills for the position include:
- Strong verbal, written and word processing communication skills;
- Strong investigation skills;
- Maintaining discretion on confidential information;
- Detail oriented; and
- Strong communication skills.
We believe in a collaborative approach on every case and maintain a professional and collegiate atmosphere with a great team. Qualified applicants must submit a resume, three writing samples (two of which must be legal writing) and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary commensurate with experience.