We are Athene. At Athene, we are driven to do more. We are a leading retirement services company that issues, reinsures and acquires retirement savings products designed for the increasing number of individuals and institutions seeking to fund retirement needs. We see every day as a new opportunity to measure ourselves against the best - and then we don't stop until we've set the bar even higher. We're ready to help you achieve more.
Purpose:Athene has a great opportunity for a corporate Paralegal within the investment legal function at our El Segundo office.
- Assist in managing investment transaction workflow summaries and transaction logs.
- Manage documentation files for closed transactions.
- Assist in ensuring proper information flow from investment team to financial reporting and compliance teams.
- Maintain documents required for regulatory compliance obligations
- Assist in managing annotated investment codes and legal advice compendia
- Assist in preparing and managing documentation related to governance approvals for investment transactions
- Manage files of regulatory correspondence related to investment transactions
- Working at the direction of senior lawyers and other members of the Legal Department to provide support with all governance, compliance and regulatory issues;
- Performing clerical tasks in support of routine filings and related compliance functions;
- Providing specific paralegal assistance in support of the Legal/Compliance functions as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3+ years’ experience as a corporate and/or compliance paralegal.
- Experience in some or all of the following: (i) corporate governing documents (including minutes, resolutions, bye-laws, notices, consents etc.), (ii) insurance regulatory processes, (iii) complex investment transactions.
- Superior computer skills including advanced knowledge of Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Superb attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to function as a strategic partner within a team.
- Ability to self-monitor due dates in order to meet internal and external deadlines.
- Bachelor's Degree in Paralegal Studies or related field and/or Paralegal certification.
NOTE: Successful candidate will be required to complete a pre-employment background check.
Drive. Discipline. Confidence. Focus. Commitment. Learn more about working at Athene.
Athene is a Military Friendly Employer! Learn more about how we support our Veterans.
Athene celebrates diversity, is committed to inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.