Who We Are
Reporting to the Managing Counsel, the Paralegal is responsible for managing and carrying out facets of the legal department’s compliance, insurance, risk management, and corporate governance programs. The Paralegal also supports litigation and claim activities as assigned.
What You Will Do
- Track and report compliance requirements and training activities within the provided guidelines
- Develop, implement and/or review company policies considering compliance requirements and changes
- Review of new and proposed changes to company operations, processes and evaluate compliance issues
- Contribute to creation and management of action plans in response to compliance violations
- Manage relationship with brokers, carriers, TPAs, consultants, and subsidiaries’ finance departments
- Manage insurance-related invoicing
- Responsible for insurance program budget management, to include accruals in coordination with Finance
- Reviews contracts and agreements for compliance with insurance and risk management requirements
- Serve as the company’s internal liaison for business lines of coverage
- Manage the Certificates of Insurance program
- Coordinate annual filings with Secretaries of State regarding Board and Officer representations for company and subsidiaries
- Manage relations with third party governance providers such as RASI and CT Corp for company and subsidiaries
- Support records and filings related to Board of Directors and Board Committees, inclusive of meetings and activities, including the management of related legal documents for authority and retention
- Draft Board of Director consents and routine resolutions
- Provide notary services
Litigation and Claims Administration
- Support the company’s Director of Legal Affairs with claim and litigation activities, including discovery, and responding to subpoenas
- Reviewing, processing, reconciling and tracking legal invoices
- Assisting in the development, generation, implementation, maintenance and refinement of forms, processes and procedures with respect to the Company's legal function
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- At least 3 years’ previous experience as a paralegal with an in-house legal department; mix of experience at a leading law firm and in-house experience a plus; level of position dependent upon experience.
- Paralegal certificate from an accredited program or an equivalent combination of skills and
- Strong preference for candidates with exposure to compliance and risk management functions.
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Experience with legal invoice activities and budgets
- Highly effective communication skills with the ability to communicate across all levels of the organization on a full range of issues (requirements, policy, comprehensive and effective strategies).
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive matters
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively independently and with others