Our client in North Houston is seeking a full time Paralegal with a minimum of 5 years experience in Family Law. Temp to Perm position to start however this firm is seeking a Paralegal that will be with them for many years to come. Hourly pay to start is $22.00-$27.00. Once you convert to client's payroll, health benefits, disability insurance and vacation time will be offered.
Candidate must be able to complete the following tasks on a 100% self-driven basis:
1. The ability to handle Family Law Case load (approximately 60-80 cases) from beginning to end.
2. Meet with clients, maintain positive working relationships with clients, work well with others in a small office setting, have exceptional organizational skills, prepare pleadings, including motions, petitions, preparation of original pleading, affidavits, final decrees, temporary restraining orders, notices of hearings, discovery request and responses, objections and requests and all other documents as necessary to file with the Court, experience with e-file documents and requirements for all courts and maintaining attorney's calendar and trial deadlines.
3. Prepare all files for hearings, trials, mediation, exhibits, exhibit binders and decrees.
4. Maintain daily correspondence, faxes, emails, billing for all time expended for each and every client.
5. Small office occasionally help with greeting clients and answering the telephone.
6. Preparing the client for hearing, mediation and depositions.
7. Positive attitude in office with staff and attorney.
Software Knowledge of: WordPerfect, Prodoc, Westlaw Form Builder, Dropbox.
If interested and qualified for this position please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply to this job order on our web site: www.associatedpersonnel.net
Must be able to provide past work references and have a clear criminal background as well as a clear drug screen
22 - 27 /hour