Ruggable is a Los Angeles-based, venture-backed e-commerce company revolutionizing the market for residential rugs. Our patented 2-Piece Rug System allows you to remove the top layer of your rug and wash it in your home washing machine, offering an affordable, stylish and convenient solution for young families, pet owners, and busy individuals. We're a small, entrepreneurial team with big ambitions. We have a strong brand, established traction, and amazing advisors fueling our steady growth. This is an opportunity to get in at the ground floor of a quickly growing e-commerce startup at a very exciting time.
The position will be part of Ruggable’s Legal Team, which provides support on all legal matters across the company. The team is small but expanding, and we are looking for a self-starter who can hit the ground running and grow as an important part of the team.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide paralegal support for all aspects of the company's business, including particularly commercial contracts and corporate law.
- Create and implement processes for the storing, retrieval, and sharing of commercial and corporate documents.
- Assist in reviewing NDAs and other basic commercial contracts.
- Coordinate among lawyers and accounting in processing of legal team’s invoices.
- Strong work ethic, high integrity, and experience
- Detail-oriented, problem solver who works well in a team environment and has excellent communication skills
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously with tight deadlines
- Excited to work in a start-up environment and to grow with the team
- Ability to work independently, with appropriate oversight, as well as part of a team of attorneys and business professionals
Minimum Required Experience
- Bachelors Degree or completion of accredited paralegal program
- 3+ years of law firm experience or in-house paralegal experience
- Experience with e-commerce company
- Experience in managing cap tables
- Expertise in preparing Powerpoint presentations
- Demonstrated ability to identify and implement process improvements
Hours and Compensation
- Job Type: Full-time preferred
- Pay based on prior experience
- Position will be based out of Gardena, CA