BlueSprig Pediatrics seeks an in-house Paralegal to provide direct support to the in-house counsel of a multi-state medical services company headquartered in Houston. The ideal candidate will have specific experience with contracts, property purchases, leases, and/or acquisitions, and will be very comfortable working independently on a wide variety of projects. This role is also charged with helping stand up the processes, platforms, and procedures for a very busy and growing legal function. With the support of the company’s in-house counsel, the candidate will be expected to draft, review and revise contracts and leases, work closely with external counsel on acquisition documentation, and coordinate responses to subpoenas and other legal requests. The candidate will also be expected to provide necessary corporate legal support, including maintaining records, drafting legal correspondence, filing documents, calendaring key dates, and managing third-party vendors.
What do you gain by joining BlueSprig?
(Compensation and Benefits)
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Collaborative and team-oriented work environment
- Ongoing professional and career development
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits at first of the month after hire
- Retirement plan
- Paid Time off
- 8 paid holidays
- Flexible schedule
- CEU assistance
How will I make a difference in a child’s life?
- Contract review;
- Draft leases based on negotiated terms and summarizing key lease terms;
- Draft legal correspondence;
- Respond to subpoenas and legal document requests;
- Assist with documentation regarding acquisitions;
- Manage the company’s licenses and track renewals;
- Establish the processes, cadences, and platforms for well-functioning legal department
- Prepare department reports for C-level review;
- Maintain department records and perform day-to-day administrative duties;
How do I know my experience is a good fit?
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years’ experience supporting transactional attorneys. In-house experience is a plus. Real Estate is a big plus;
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Advanced working knowledge of the English language, correct spelling, punctuation and usage;
- Ability to compose impeccable business and legal correspondence;
- Strong work ethic with high level of organization. Detail orientation is key.
- Ability to manage workload and shift priorities in a fast paced, positive, relationship-driven environment.
- Strong initiative and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage time effectively, establish and diplomatically protect priorities
- Real Estate and/or transactional legal experience
- Proven positive experience with leases, contracts, and acquisition work
- Ability to follow instructions and interpret guidelines in order to make decisions and take necessary action
- Ability to maintain strong relationships in a fast-paced, dynamic, team-oriented environment
- Proven desire and ability to grow on the job, with the job