Paralegal/Legal Assistant - Criminal and Civil Litigation - Washington, D.C.
Immediate need for a full-time Paralegal/Legal Assistant with CACI, a government contractor, to work in support of wide-ranging criminal and civil litigations with the Department of Justice.
- Assist in legal and administrative duties in the course of criminal and civil investigations and cases.
- Assist trial attorneys with case organization, document management, witness interviews, discovery matters, administrative tasks, and trials.
- Perform document review using review platforms such as Relativity.
- Communicate (orally and in writing) detailed summaries and analysis of review findings.
- Trial preparation to include in-courtroom assistance with exhibit presentation, witness preparation, exhibit review and gathering, document review, document organization, bates stamping, legal research and searching documents in Relativity and other databases.
- Communicate with other DOJ components, Federal agencies and others as required in the course of investigation and litigation.
- Report to a Paralegal Supervisor or Project Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 3.00 GPA.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Legal experience preferred, but not required.
- Highly organized and detail oriented with a demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Deliver consistent high quality work product in a deadline driven environment under extreme pressure.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat, and document/discovery management applications.
- Ability to work overtime as needed, including weekends and holidays, often with little to no advance notice.
- DOJ MBI must be obtainable (US Citizenship required).
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.