Paralegal/Legal Assistant - Fraud, DC - MUST HAVE PARALEGAL CERTIFCATE
Paralegal/Legal Assistant I
- Bachelors Degree or Associates Degree preferred
- Paralegal Certification
- High School Diploma required
Requires paralegal certificate.
A DOJ MBI is required to begin employment. For this position, CACI has the ability to provide clearance sponsorship for qualified individuals.
- At least one year of litigation paralegal experience required; trial experience very helpful.
- Automated litigation support experience valued.
- Must have basic legal knowledge, including knowledge of standard legal citation to cite check legal motions and memorandum and must have sufficient experience with legal research tools such as LEXIS and Westlaw to perform basic legal research.
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills, thorough knowledge and hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word processing, databases (such as document review and file management systems), spreadsheets, imaging, and hardware systems.
- Role also requires basic familiarity with ESI tools and knowledge of e-discovery procedures and resources. Ability to consistently deliver highest quality work under extreme pressure will be very important.
- Uploads hardcopy & electronic subpoena returns into e-Scan It (includes case-management- scanning, importing, bate-stamping, indexing and analyzing documents for correctness; creation of CD/ DVD discovery disks)
- Completes and serves subpoenas through FEDSIMS
- Drafts 6(e) letters
- Files various documents via ECF or directly through the U.S District Court (such as files PRTT’s, 2703(d) & 2705(b))
- Communicates with various agents & AUSAs to discuss case details
- Uses FEDSIMS, Caseview, and PACER/ECF frequently
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.