Boutique Litigation Law Firm
North Central San Antonio
Civil Litigation Firm seeks experienced Paralegal to support and assist the firm.
Must be familiar with the Texas Rules of Civil Procedure
Candidate MUST HAVE significant litigation support experience.
Experience in residential and/or commercial construction litigation is a plus.
- Drafting and reviewing legal documents, and preparing and answering discovery, as requested
- Researching and retrieving information from public databases and electronic sources
- Initiating and gathering pertinent materials needed for assignments from files, records departments, legal information services, etc.
- Summarizing depositions
- Efiling in state and federal court
- Answering phone calls and conducting potential client intake process
- Preparing client and court correspondence
- Processing mail and express packages
- Maintaining and updating practice management software, including recording and entering own billable time and reimbursable expenses promptly and accurately
- Scanning, photocopying, and binding projects as needed
- Establishing and organizing electronic and paper files
- Maintaining master binder for attorney calendar
- Recording and storing client information
- Exhibiting discretion and maintaining client confidentiality
- Additional clerical or administrative duties, as needed and assigned
- Associate or Bachelor degree
- Notary Public
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and Adobe
- Personable and positive attitude
- 4 years or more of litigation support experience
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Exercises independent judgment in determining priority levels of all work assigned on a daily basis. Assures that high priority items are completed in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates initiative on expected work assignments
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.00 to $24.00 /hour