We are seeking an immigration paralegal with 1-2 years of experience for a Paralegal staff position. The paralegal will work directly with the Attorney, other paralegals, staff and a diverse clientele on a wide range of immigration cases, including cases before the U.S. consulates abroad and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. The paralegal will work under the supervision of the Attorney to prepare immigrant and nonimmigrant visa petitions, adjustment of status applications, consular processing applications, naturalization applications, waiver applications among other applications for attorney review. The Paralegal will also communicate with clients regarding the documents needed to file their case and will conduct initial sign up interviews with new clients to gather biographical information needed for their forms.
- Ability to speak, read, and write in Spanish.
- Show an interest to immigrant and/or human rights.
- 1-2 years of experience as an immigration legal preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask.
- Strong writing skills.
- Interest in taking ownership over cases worked on.
- Ability to complete case work efficiently and independently.
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work harmoniously with diverse groups of people.
- Interest in fast-paced, energetic work environment.
- Willingness to participate in the Firm's marketing and communications efforts.
- Ability to
19.00 - 21.00 /hour