D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S., was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website at www.drhorton.com for more information.
D.R. Horton, Inc. is currently looking for a Paralegal-Litigation. The right candidate will support in-house counsel and handle certain issues including documentation and investigation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Research background of claims
• Monitor status of claims and update litigation database
• Gather information needed to defend/pursue litigation
• Respond to subpoenas, garnishments, subrogation, property damage and pre-litigation claims
• Coordinate information collection between outside counsel and divisions
• Notify insurance brokers/carriers of claims and respond to insurance carrier information requests
• Monitor personal injury Medicare/Medicaid liens
• Assist with written discovery responses
• Assist with special projects involving litigation and insurance
• Monitor active/dismissed claimants
• Ability to work overtime
• Ability to travel overnight
• Assist in documenting and updating computer and paper files for claims and lawsuits
• Assist with the review of billing for defense of claims
• Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university, and/or paralegal certification
• Two to four years of related experience and/or training
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to communicate effectively with executives, management, division personnel and homeowners
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written oral form or via DRH applications
• Proficiency with MS Office and email
• Ability to sit for majority of 8-hour workday; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision
• The noise level is generally moderate
• Ability to multi-task and attention to detail
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including:
• Medical, Vision and Dental
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Flex Spending Accounts
• Life Insurance
• Vacation, Sick, Personal Time and Company Holidays
Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, America’s Builder.
Followus on social media @hortoncareers for an inside look at our company and connect with us on LinkedIn for up to date job listings!
LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
Primary Location: TX-Arlington
Job Posting: Sep 3, 2020, 11:15:20 AM