Description: * Review New File assignments
* Draft Responses to Discovery demands
* Assist clients in answering questions regarding discovery
* Review and serve responses to discovery demands.
* Assist attorney in preparing materials for trial, arbitration or mediation
* Assist with the identification of relevant issues: continually monitor issues and update attorney, as appropriate
* Education: Bachelors Degree in related field - or - paralegal certificate required, American Bar Associate(ABA) approved preferred.
* Insurance industry experience preferred
* Knowledge of legal holds and discovery process
* Analytical skills and strong attention to detail
* Ability to work in diverse, multi-office, and long distance environment
* Basic budget management skills and ability to reconcile expense reports
* Basic project management skills and experience interacting with law firm/vendors.
* Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
* Basic research, proofreading, and formatting skills
* Ability to collaborate and interact with all levels of personnel and build strong relationships with business colleagues
* High degree of ethics and integrity
* Strong interpersonal skills, advanced written and oral communication and effective customer services skills
* Ability to identify inconsistencies in routine work and initiate corrective action with own workflow
* Able to deliver results with a sence of urgency
* Adapts well to change; able to multi-task and make effective decisions in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
* Is a proactive self-starter who is able to manager his/her time effectively and work independently
Ideally at least a few years of personal injury work would be ideal, but any litigation experience would be fine.
Any familiarity with the case management software TeamConnect is a nice to have,
Critical skills are typing, attention to detail, good on the phone with clients and opposing counsel/staff.
Our office services both Minnesota and Wisconsin, so experience with litigation in both states would be great.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178