Paralegal - MUST HAVE ABA CERTIFIED PARALEGAL CERTIFICATE
At CACI we are always seeking top litigation talent for our current and future opportunities. This specific position is a pipeline opportunity, where we are seeking individuals that will be considered for future openings based on demand from the program. Timelines will vary to identify a funded position and close communication throughout the process will be provided.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works under the direction of a supervisory paralegal or a project supervisor
- Compiles, prepares, and summarizes relevant materials for use by attorneys in discovery and in preparation of files
- Performs simple legal research
- Indexes, tracks, and controls document discovery, exhibits, and other materials at depositions and at trial
- Prepares exhibit cross-references
- Assists attorneys in courtroom
- Reviews documents for relevance and privilege
- A DOJ MBI is required to begin employment. For this position, CACI has the ability to provide clearance sponsorship for qualified individuals.
- Paralegal certificate
- 1 year of litigation paralegal experience
- Basic legal knowledge including cite-checking, legal research, and legal research tools such as LEXIS/NEXIS and Westlaw
- Trial experience and automated litigation support experience helpful
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word processing, databases (such as document review and file management systems), spreadsheets, and imaging.
- Basic familiarity with ESI tools such as Relativity and e-discovery procedures and resources
The following may be desirable:
- Ability to travel
- Specialized knowledge in whiter collar crime, immigration, health care, finance, or other subject matter expertise
- Foreign language fluency
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.