- Assists in the drafting of memoranda communicating discussion of legal topics, and the review and consideration of issues relating to the work of the legal section including memorialization of legal research.
- Assists in the preparation of formal correspondence to agencies, courts, legislators, and others with whom the employing agency must correspond, involving legal points of interest and matters in issue.
- Assists in the preparation of formal correspondence in response to citizen inquiries and other similar matters.
- Assists in the preparation of formal pleadings in the nature of complaints, answers, motions, interrogatories, and other appropriate documents for utilization in proceedings before courts and agencies.
- Conducts reviews of cited legal decisions in order to determine their precedential value.
- Conducts proofreading of legal documents.
- Organizes and maintains information related to the function of the legal section in order to ensure ready accessibility to such information, and retrieves such information upon request.
- Assists in the instruction and guidance of clerical support personnel when directly related to the legal functions being performed.
- Will be required to learn to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and computerized information system used by the agency, office, or related units.
- Highly proficient with MS Office - Excellent communication skills - Ability to work in a fast-paced setting - Organized - Works well with others - Works well under pressure
- At least 4 years of related Paralegal experience needed. Must be recent!
- Bachelor's degree