HMTX Industries is seeking an experienced, motivated Paralegal to join our Legal department. He/She will be responsible for general Paralegal responsibilities with an emphasis on Contract Management. The candidate must possess a strong work ethic, high attention to detail along with superior problem-solving and organizational skills.
This role requires a Paralegal who is excited to join a fast-growing company and has an interest using technology and process improvement to continuously improve the Legal Department’s function. The Paralegal will partner with other Senior Executives to support their team’s needs.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Contract Management Function: Establish and drive the ongoing improvement of the departments processes and systems to continuously increase efficiency and effectiveness.
• Contract Administration / Database Management: Support the Legal function and internal clients in the creation and ongoing management of contracts to ensure execution according to the negotiated terms.
• Documents & Agreements: Draft and review basic contracts, agreements and other legal documents.
• Reporting / Analytics: Provide reporting and analytical support to ensure effective contract management. Will be responsible for the periodic reporting and purchase requirements on contracts.
• Intellectual Property/Trademark Maintenance: Maintaining the updates for annual review of global patent, trademark and licensing and maintenance requirements.
• Litigation Support: Responsible for tracking and monitoring litigations matters as they arise and ensuring that all responses and deadlines are accurately and timely tracked.
• Research: Perform general legal research as needed.
• Additional Responsibilities: Participate in and/or lead special projects as assigned.
Key Skills & Qualifications
• Bachelor's Degree required
• 3+ years of work experience as a Paralegal/Contract Administrator; a mix of experience at a reputable law firm and Fortune 500 a plus
• Experience of IP administration and maintenance
• Exceptional organizational skills and detail-oriented focus required
•Excellent verbal and written skills required
• Must be tech savvy and motivated to improve processes through systems integration
• Experience with a document and data storage system a plus
• Works effectively in a collaborative environment and fosters teamwork across all levels of the organization
• Must demonstrate excellent judgment and ethics, with a strong ability to analyze and communicate effectively to Senior Executives
Physical Demands & Work Environment
• Work schedule is generally Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5:30 pm EST; off hour meetings or work assignments may occasionally be required due to the nature of the global role
• Potential for flexible work arrangement as business needs permit
• Minimal travel needed