The Paralegal is an integral member of the Legal Department who works with other members of the department to provide legal assistance to support the company’s legal and business needs. The Paralegal will be confident, detail-oriented and highly motivated, and proactive in his/her approach, have the ability to work collaboratively and also be capable of working autonomously, and be comfortable with, and skilled in, interacting with attorneys and internal stakeholders.
- Support the legal contract management process by routing documents for signatures, archiving and maintaining executed contracts, and tracking status for contracts, all in accordance with company policies and department procedures
- Assist with drafting of certain agreements using approved department templates, such as non-disclosure agreements
- Support submission of filings, collect and organize information, and conduct research as necessary to support state licensing efforts
- Assist Intellectual Property team with managing and maintaining company intellectual property records
- Assist with resolving incoming inquiries from internal stakeholders relating to status of contract signatures
- Assist with the transition, implementation, and continued support of the new contracts management system
- Provide support to in-house attorneys for various projects as needed under supervision
- Handle miscellaneous administrative tasks including but not limited to managing expense reports for attorneys and organizing department functions
- 3 to 5 years of relevant paralegal experience, preferably in a law firm and/or in-house in a biotech company.
- Experience in contract management systems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and solid interpersonal skills required
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments, work well under pressure, and have the flexibility to assist team in meeting demands on accelerated schedules
- Superb attention to detail, organizational, analytical and communications skills a must
- Ability to proactively assume responsibility and consistently follow through on assignments
- Ability to work independently and also be a team player
- Must have good judgment, discretion, and maturity to maintain confidential information
- Strong aptitude and interest in learning
- Self-motivated and possess a good sense of humor
- Strong computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Exel, PowerPoint, etc.), Workshare, DocuSign, Internet)
As an employee of Relypsa, you will actively contribute to the development of potential new products. We provide opportunities for all employees to collaborate, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Relypsa’s high regard for our employees.
NOTE: This position summary is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Relypsa is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.