The Paralegal, Securities, Ethics and Compliance will be responsible for providing substantive support for Ethics & Compliance and Corporate Securities. This position will be integral in preparing and filing SEC reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and manage tracking metrics for E&C program activities, including global training completion, risk assessments, periodic testing, and internal investigations
- Assist legal counsel in preparing quarterly reports to executive management and the board of directors
- Produce, archive, and track due diligence reports and contractual requirement on vendors and suppliers
- Daily management of E&C mailbox, assign emails for response, and track responses/closing of matters
- Assist legal counsel in drafting policies and tracking / assessing emerging corporate regulatory risks on an ongoing basis
- Administer intranet as well as internal databases created for sharing documents among E&C team
- Manage and maintain E&C network contact list updates, collect periodic certifications from E&C team, and actively participate in the creation of E&C internal company communications
- Assist legal counsel in identifying root causes and preparing/tracking mitigation plans to demonstrate risk reduction
- Assist legal counsel in identifying compliance risks in merger and acquisition transactions, due diligence efforts, and compliance integration efforts
- Draft board and committee minutes, agendas, calendars, memos, written consents and preparation of other board material
- Lead and manage internal team’s efforts for the timely, accurate and secure posting of materials on board portal
- Track and maintain progress of annual shareholder meeting preparation and provide content as member of proxy team
- Prepare documentation with regards to formation, maintenance and elimination of legal entities
- Maintain corporate and committee minute books and other corporate records
- Maintain internet-based legal entity management database
- File corporate annual reports
- Research state specific filing requirements
- Coordinate legalizations, apostilles and other certifications for foreign jurisdictions
- Coordinate approvals and signatures of documents
- Assist with preparing and filing of SEC reports and documents with NYSE
- Prepare, process, and manage Section 16 filings (Forms 3, 4, and 5)
- Assist with insider trading policy compliance and notifications
- Assist with corporate finance matters, including debt offerings, borrowing under credit facilities and intercompany restructuring
- Provide administrative support to the Deputy General Counsel including scheduling meetings, booking travel, reconciling and submitting expense reports, ordering office supplies, liaising with third parties and colleagues
- Assist other Legal Department team members in the accomplishment of company and department goals, including commitment to continuous process improvement, efficient and effective tracking of outside counsel spend, and drafting written processes
- Additional duties as assigned
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
PHYSICAL ASPECTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT*:
- Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- Regularly/Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low/moderate.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors’ degree or Associate Degree with Paralegal certificate or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key accountabilities of the job required
- 5+ years of experience working as a paralegal at a corporate in-house legal department or a law firm
- Experience with SEC filings including form 3, 4 and 5s for Section 16 Insider reporting requirements.
- Knowledge of online entity management systems and e-billing systems
- High degree of proficiency MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning)
- Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to work overtime as necessary
General Nutrition Centers International is an Equal Opportunity Employer