|Job Title||Paralegal Services|
|Number of resumes||5 resumes|
|Resume Due||07/20/2018 EOD|
|Job Title||Paralegal III|
|Client||Library of Congress|
|Place of Performance||Library Of Congress|
101 Independence Ave Se
Washington, Dc 20540
|Number of Positions||1|
|No of Resumes||4|
|Period of performance||08/06/2018-08/05/2019|
|Working Hours||8:30 AM through 5:00 PM|
|Security Clearance||Active clearance is preferred. Able to pass background check and successfully secure and maintain an HHS issued Personnel Identity Verification (PIV) security card.|
|Experience||Look for minimum of 3-4 years of federal experience.|
The Paralegals shall provide legal consulting and review services on a daily basis, while working effectively with the Office's legal team. The contractors assigned must be able to work under tight time constraints, in a professional environment with regular interaction with senior USCO and Library of Congress employees.
The Paralegal shall provide the following services:
• Assistance to an Attorney – Conduct research for the preparation of legal opinions on matters of interest by reviewing and analyzing questions under issue, law reviews, published studies, relevant statistics, and financial reports. Determine the need for additional information and plan comprehensive approaches to obtain this information;
• Select, assemble, summarize and compile substantive information including statutes, regulations, orders, digests, commentaries, legal instruments and other legal reference material. Perform legal research including use of automated research tools such as LEXIS, WESTLAW, etc.
• Analyze the legal impact of legislative developments, administrative and judicial decisions, opinions, determinations, and rulings;
• Perform legal support functions which require discretion and independent judgment in the application of specialized knowledge of laws, precedent decisions, regulations, agency policies, and judicial or administrative proceedings;
• Assist in answering telephones for OGC, which includes routing callers, assisting in the review and acknowledgment of emails, assisting members of the staff in the procedural aspects of expediting the work of the office, including assembling reports and responses.
• Prepare charts, graphs, and tables;
• Maintain custody of documents, and files;
• Assist with Blue Booking, Proofing, and Cite checking.
• All work will be performed onsite, unless specific approval from the COR has been granted
• The contractor shall furnish all necessary personnel and services required to perform the type of work described in Section
• The Paralegal must have a minimum of 5 years' experience in litigation support including experience preparing, and filing documents in Federal Court.