Paramedic / Advance Care Technician
Schedule: Full-Time; Days from 7am-7pm with Rotating Weekends
Location: Medical City Dallas
Our medical team consists of more than 1,200 physicians, many of whom are recognized as the world’s best in their specialties. Patients travel to Medical City from all over the United States and more than 75 other countries for the sophisticated treatment offered by our 400+ in-house physician specialists. Medical City offers a full-service adult hospital and pediatric hospital, with separate adult and pediatric emergency rooms, as well as numerous outpatient clinics and diagnostic centers. Our providers have access to state-of-the-art technology and are pioneering new medical procedures every day to accommodate patient needs. We operate as a 796-bed tertiary care center, and we hope from the moment you walk through our doors, you will notice the Medical City difference.
We offer an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and growth opportunities. Our benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Paramedic / Advance Care Technician Job Summary:
The Advance Care Technician will be able to provide quality care to patients under the direction of the Medical Director and Nurse Manager in accordance with the philosophy, goals, and objectives of Medical City Healthcare. Reports to the charge nurse for shift assignments and direction of shift duties assigned. Each RN decides on a case-by-case basis what nursing tasks may be delegated to the unlicensed personnel in accordance with Rule 224 (relating to RN delegation in acute care settings or for patients with acute conditions).
- Facilitates the flow of patients through the emergency care system, ensuring timely evaluation according to the health care needs of the patients.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills in the care of the emergency department patient. Considers principles of emergency care while assisting the RN to formulate an appropriate plan of care for the patient.
- Documentation is consistent, complete, thorough and legible
- Patient care is administered based on Hospital and Departmental specific standards of care and practice.
- The Paramedic involves the patient and/or significant other(s) in the patient’s care. Education/instruction are provided specific to the patient’s health care needs and age requirements.
- Administers prescribed medications to patients in accordance with Hospital policies and practice guidelines.
- Physician orders are carried out accurately in providing direct patient care within scope of practice. Assures that other departments are notified of orders and services are needed.
- Notifies the Charge Nurse and/or physician of changes of patient status as appropriate.
- Considers age-related factors/limitations in the education of patients. Applies knowledge and principles of age-related factors appropriately in teaching situations.
- Ensures patient’s right to privacy and confidentiality.
- Assumes responsibility for the care of assigned patients. Patient care activities are organized and prioritized.
- Contributes to the smooth functioning of the Unit by offering help to other staff members. Assists with patient care functions beyond those assigned within the Paramedic scope of practice.
- Provides accurate and pertinent patient information reports to the Charge Nurse and to the oncoming shift to ensure continuity of care.
- Performs Unit-specific responsibilities such as cleaning of equipment and work areas.
- Performs venipuncture, administers and maintains IV crystalloid fluids and medications in accordance with Hospital practice guidelines. Correctly labels, calculates and regulates the flow of IV solutions. Documents pertinent information related to IV therapies.