As an AMR Paramedic, many times you have theopportunity to be the best part of someone's very bad day. With this in mind,we're not just looking to hire the first individual that walks through the door. The ideal Paramedic for our operation will be compassionate, mission focused,understanding, patient, highly skilled and very customer focused.
It's our goal to show our employees that we care as muchfor them as you do for the patients you're transporting. By offering competitive wages, attractive benefits package, paid time off, career development guidance and training we strive to hit our goal of having anengaged and passionate workforce.
If you feel you "fit" our criteria, lookingfor something more than just a "job" and meet the qualificationslisted below we want to set up a time to speak with you either via phone, skype or in-person.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Respond to 911 calls and IFT calls for medical transportation
- Assess a patient’s condition and determine a course of treatment
- Provide first-aid treatment or life support care to sick or injured patients
- Transport patients safely in an ambulance
- Transfer patients to the emergency department of a hospital or other healthcare facility
- Report their observations and treatment to physicians, nurses, or other healthcare facility staff
- Document medical care given to patients
- Inventory, replace, and clean supplies and equipment after use
- When transporting a patient in an ambulance, one EMT or Paramedic may drive the ambulance while another monitors the patient’s vital signs and gives additional care.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of a high school diploma
- 1 year in an EMS setting as a Paramedic preferred but we will consider a combination of education and experience
- Current Paramedic license
- Valid state driver’s license
- Current ALS/BLScertification
Job Type: Full-time
Global Medical Response and its family of companies including American Medical Response is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled