This position is based out of our Onamia MN campus with rotation expectations between the Onamia and Isle locations
Full time status (Benefits eligible) is defined as 30 -40 hours per week and Part Time status (Benefits eligible) is defined as 20-29 hours per week. Casual expectations of a 3 shift per month minimum commitment
12 hour shifts with Day/Night rotating schedule expectations to include weekend and holiday rotation
- 1 Full Time .9 FTE (72 hours per Pay period) Rotating Shifts, Weekends and Holidays
Under the direction of, and in collaboration with the Ambulance Manager, performs responsibilities exercising initiative, judgment and independent decision-making in accordance with the EMSRB (Emergency Medical Services Regulatory Board). Utilizes standard operating procedures in (assessment, planning, intervention, evaluation) in a systematic approach in providing the direct and indirect care of patients. During times that you are not responding to 911 you will be assigned to assist in duties located at the Isle Clinic and Emergency Department under the direction of the Department Manager or individual denoted as charge or lead in that area.
- Immediate response to 911 calls and up to 30 minute response for inter-facility transfers.
- Apply appropriate treatment to patients of all ages in accordance with established standard operating procedures.
- Effective, positive communication skills working with peers, public, patients and all MLHS employees.
- Ability to give complete oral patient reports and written patient reports (including correct spelling and legible hand writing.
- Ability to work independently without supervision while performing 911 paramedic duties.
- Demonstrates team by performing delegated duties in positive manner, providing encouragement and support in the clinical area assigned.
- Assist other MLHS Departments as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Registered as Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic in Minnesota.
- Basic Life Support HCP CPR Certification
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification.
- Valid Minnesota Driver's License
Preferred Education and Experience
- National Registry Paramedic
- PALS certification
- CALS certification
- Previous ALS and critical care experience
- EVOC certification
Company Benefits Overview
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life Insurance and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement, Discounts and Scholarships Programs
- Retirement Plans
- Long-Term and Short-Term Disability
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Wellness Program
- Service and Pharmacy Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Holiday Pay