Job Req ID: 190738
Position Number: 00148758
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift: Variable/On Call
Standard Hours: 36.00
Department Name: Emergency Department
Location: Atrium Health Cleveland
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
Works as a member of the Emergency Department clinical team. The paramedic collaborates with a multi-disciplinary team to provide appropriate age specific care in compliance with standards of practice in the Emergency Department setting. The paramedic will provide care to patients under the supervision of the Registered Nurse and Physician. The Emergency Department Medical Director will provide oversight for clinical practice. Skill set approved by NC-OEMS will be utilized.
- Takes directions from nurse, physician and/or advanced practice provider to implement prescribed therapies within scope of practice.
- Provides rapid evaluation of presenting patients and communicates to the care team the patientï¿½s required needs/care.
- Identifies clinical priorities and initiates action to improve patient outcomes based on these priorities.
- Maintains a safe, therapeutic and healing environment through ensuring patient privacy and responsive, respectful, accepting and professional behavior.
- Acts as a patient advocate.
- Communicates effectively to promote sharing of information.
- Utilizes triage skills to assist in prioritizing of incoming ED patients.
- Preforms basic data collection, prepares patient for exam and communicates findings to primary and/or charge nurse.
- Facilitates blood draw and starting of IVs based on orders and in coordination with primary/triage nurse.
- Works to their paramedic license; does not give narcotics or perform intubations.
- Transports patients via wheelchair or stretcher as needed throughout facility.
Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds. Must be able to stand for long periods of time. Must be able to function in high stress, loud and crowded environments.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Completion of OEMS approved training & competency program for Paramedic and current North Carolina Paramedic Certification required. Remains employed and in good standing of county EMS service as deemed necessary by the facilityï¿½s medical director providing oversight. National registry for paramedics is preferred. Certification in BCLS, ACLS, PALS. Six months experience in a pre-hospital environment as a Paramedic required.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer