- Responds to requests for emergency and non-emergency calls for service as dispatched by E-911 to provide efficient and acceptable care to ill and injured patients
- Performs assessment based on scope of training and medical protocols to determine and apply methods of treatment and transport.
- Drives ambulance in a safe and defensive manner at all times obeying traffic rules and regulations with regards to safety of occupants and all others
- Completes patient care reports, billing reports and all other required documentation per established practices, guidelines and regulations.
- Follows all established policies, procedures, guidelines, objectives, medical protocols, safety protocols, environmental and infection control standards, both written and verbal to assure a safe and effective work environment.
- Assists personnel with a higher level of training to provide effective care.
- Provides exceptional customer service skills to patients, families, bystanders, other response agency personnel and all others at all times.
- Provides support for community service and relationship functions as requested by leadership.
- Must be certified as a Paramedic in the State of Georgia
- Must have current BCLS
- Must have current ACLS
- Must have current Georgia Driver’s License
The Paramedic is responsible for the delivery of pre-hospital emergent and non-emergent care for a patient and/or group of patients. The Paramedic is also responsible for following policies and procedures and medical protocols while practicing within the scope of training. Must also utilizing professional discretion and independent judgment, while practicing within the State, facility and regulatory guidelines.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.